Renowned as one of the leading manufacturers, we are successfully supplying an excellent stock of Sterilon Antiseptic Solution.
- Highly effective at alkaline pH
- Long lasting effect for at least six hours after application
- Prolonged shelf life
Sterilon Active ingredients:
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution IP 1.5% v/v
- Strong Cetrimide Solution BP Equivalent to Cetrimide IP 3% w/v
Mode of Action:
- In low concentrations, positively charged Chlorhexidine(C22H30Cl2N10) molecules (Cations) are attracted to negative charges on Bacterial cell wall, disrupt the cell membrane causing leakage of intracellular components (Potassium,
- At higher doses, Chlorhexidine induces precipitation of cytoplasmic proteins and nucleic acids of bacterial cell; inhibits AT Pase, resulting in bactericidal effect.
- Cetrimide in aqueous solution disassociates in to larger quantity of complex cations, which affect bacterial cell membrane. It has activity against Gr+ve Bacteria and fungi.
- Sterilon : at 0.05% concentration it completely inhibits all bacteria commonly isolated from hospital areas (viz Enetrobacter; Staphylococcus aureus; E coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Klebsiella; Proteus mirabilis; Alkaligenes faecalis; Citrobacter; Arizona; B.subtilis and S typhi...) in the order of frequency.
- Sterilon : Is also effective on Viruses; Bacterial spores and fungi
- Sterilon : Has a persistent effect, lasting for at least six hours after application
- Sterilon : Efficacy is higher at alkaline pH
- Sterilon : Due to its ionic mode of action on cell membrane, development of Bacterial resistance to Sterilon is nil.